Australian Donor Conception Forum
January 16, 2018, 11:21:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IVF Australia Register  (Read 4347 times)
Caroline

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2012, 05:39:57 AM »

Hi Everyone, have just been sent details of a Register that has been set up by IVF Australia for people involved with their clinics.
The link for info on their website is
 http://ivf.com.au/donor-siblinks
If anyone has any experiences with this new register it would be great to hear some feedback.
Lizzy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:47:57 AM »

They launched this a number of months ago and had some press in both Melbourne and Sydney.

When you register there isn't much feedback.  After the initial contact I think they will only be back in touch if another family registers.  A good move but it is something they have been talking about for sometime.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:50:20 PM »

Sounds like the Voluntary Register we have in Perth. I haven't heard anything from them since I registered about 10 years ago. And they don't advertise.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Lizzy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »

Except the voluntary register is State based and this is just for a clinic.

I'd think a letter to all past patients - or even a newsletter with the information included would be a good way of letting their key target market know about it.  I suspect many people don't give the clinic too much thought once the children are growing up.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 10:52:31 AM »

Absolutely Lizzie, these registers need to be promoted appropriately, otherwise the people that may wish to use them will never know they exist.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: