Australian Donor Conception Forum
June 17, 2018, 11:47:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yup another Newbie  (Read 2624 times)
Gigi

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »

Hello all

Very new to all this. I have been considering having DI for a few years now.

I am single and looks like that is not going to change. I really would like a baby. So I am now looking into what this takes.

Any advice? What questions do I need to ask? I want to research and make sure this is what I really want to do.
Here in Perth we have Concept and Pivet as fertility clinic's that handle donor sperm. Anyone know anything about them?
Would love to hear from anyone xx
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:15:39 AM »

Hello and welcome Gigi,

It's great to see that you want to look into these options. I don't have any advice except to use a donor that can be identified by the child/ren.

Hopefully you can find something from some of the other threads on this website that might help with your decision. There are also some websites listed in the Links section which would be good to check out.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Gigi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »

Thanks

Off to visit the fertility clinic for the first time next Monday!!

Will definately be going with a donor that my child can find when they are ready, I think it's important. And planning to be upfront and honest about this with child always.
Lizzy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:42:12 AM »

You might find some good connections on smcaustralia.org.au if you are looking for a supportive group for sole parents.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: