Australian Donor Conception Forum
November 13, 2018, 12:36:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for donor or half siblings for donor from Concept CLinic Perth  (Read 6971 times)
girlbaby41

'Aint I cute

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:25:19 AM »

Hi there
My daughter was conceived in April 2006 and born at the end of December 2006 (early) . We used donor sperm from Concept clinic in Perth. I ahve registed on teh voluntary register and have spoken with them several times to look for the donor or 1/2 siblings.  They seem to be very behind and not that helpful. I am going to meet with the counsellor at COncept next week to see about passing on a letter to the donor and asking them if they could also pass on a letter to anyone else who has used his sperm. (Wish me luck).  SO if anyone else is chasing donors from COncept and you ahve the donor number and or personal characteristics private message me and we can compare numbers etc.  I have also registered on overseas websites to try that avenue as well. ANy other ideas welcome, i have not yet published in the paper. Which section would it go in?

Single mum with 1 daughter conceived through IVF with donor sperm from Concept Fertility Clinic in 2006
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 03:56:15 AM »

hi girlbaby41,

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you are trying to find the donor and any half-siblings. I am not sure which section of the paper (presume you mean The West?) to try. Letters might be a good start. I tried writing to the "Can You Help?" person but I never heard anything back from them. You may fair better. Smiley

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:33:25 PM by Quinny » Logged

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
tim

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:02:40 AM »

Hello

I dont know if I can help you or not, however i was a donor with Concept from 2001-03. I was in my late 20's at the time. I cant remember much of my "personal message" however, I have brown hair and hazel/brown eyes, 5'10" solid build, (I have a son and hes a chunky bugger) and olive skin. I was married whilst i was a donor and sure i put that in my message.  I can understand why people may be wanting to find the biological father of their child and would like to fill that gap of information for anyone that would like it.  I know that I have definately 3 biological children from Concept.  If you think i may be your possible donor and have the personal information, I would be able to clarify that for you from that.  Contact me via this site and i will respond as soon as i can.

Tim
bundygrrrl

bundy_has_spoken
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:30:24 AM »

hi tim,
the best advice i can give you is to register with the RTC. there is a voluntary donor registry, and if you can remember your donor code, or any other information like that, you are more likely to find a match.
this is the site.

http://www.voluntaryregister.health.wa.gov.au/

by the way, it is wonderful that you havent been turned off coming forward. it takes alot of courage, and it makes you so much more admirable in the eyes of us who cant find our donor fathers.

www.donorsiblingregistry.com

there is also the donor sibling registry where you can leave any information regarding your donations and your information.

Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 08:54:04 AM »

Hey Tim
Congratulations on being such a responsible guy and realising the importance of information for DC Children. I do hope you take the advice of bundygrrrl and join the voluntary register. Or maybe if you could remember your donor number you could even post it on this site? I really hope more donors like yourself come forward to provide this vital information for these people. And welcome to the site.
Sue

Love and Truth go together.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: