Australian Donor Conception Forum
November 13, 2018, 12:48:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RWH Paddington  (Read 9251 times)
connie

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »

Well 12 months has gone by very quickly so here I am again still looking for my daughters sperm donors. My eldest daughter was born in 1982 and her donor code is DAX my youngest daughter was born in 1985 her donor code is OAB both were conceived through Royal Womens Hosp, Paddington. All their half siblings are getting older now I am surprised that none of them have enquired about their donor/siblings.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 01:43:37 AM »

Hi Connie,
not all donor conceived people have been told about their conception. In fact studies show that most parents keep it a secret.
So it could be a matter of them not even knowing that they are donor conceived, while for others locating siblings may not be important.
Have you put their details on the NSW's donor conception register?
I have several contacts with others who are donor conceived in NSW - I will ask them if any of them have the same code.
Cheers
Damian
connie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:06:26 PM »

Hi Damian, one of my daughters is on the register the other one is "getting there" yes I realise that a lot of donor conceived children would be unaware of how they were conceived, that was what doctors suggested back in the 80's and at that time I agreed with that suggestion but I now realise that the truth is a better option.
 I have recently been in contact with a donor from the 80"s who is unsure of which facility he donated at and yes he is now on the NSW Register and they have sent his particulars to all clinics but at that time he had a friend of Greek decent who donated but this person has passed away so it is very sad that if he had any offspring they will never be able to find their heritage.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 02:14:28 AM »

Very sad indeed. Hopefully though that one of the relatives of this Greek donor will do some DNA tests for genetic genealogy purposes and his offspring can find their heritage through that way.
Seems to be the only way that various road blocks or lack of documentation can be overcome in donor conception.
Best wishes in your search.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: