Australian Donor Conception Forum
May 24, 2018, 09:32:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vic Law Reform Committee public hearing  (Read 2469 times)
dadams

View Profile Email
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »

public invite can be viewed here for the hearing on Monday 12th Sept.
http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/lawreform/article/1466
I only received this info today so was not aware that they also had a hearing yesterday.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:10:33 AM »

Any feedback on how this went?

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »

The news I got from my DC friends is that they thought that their presentation went really well. The panel seemed to understand what they were saying and where they were coming from. And also that they raised aspects that the panel hadn't considered before.
Of course it is always hard to judge any sort of outcome based on your perspective from a meeting.
I don't know about the other presentations from other stakeholders (clinics, lawyers, counsellors etc).
There are more hearings ongoing apparently and maybe another one in December.
Victoria has always been a national leader in this field so it will be interesting to see which way they will go with this. It may be an important step for the national scene as well after the senate inquiry (perhaps others states may then fall in line with Vic).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: