Australian Donor Conception Forum
January 19, 2018, 03:27:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do I feel this way?  (Read 14727 times)
RoseW.A.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 06:24:09 AM »

I am so glad you asked this.
I can't seem to do it either.
I have the 3 choices. And the last in my list is a http.
So I thought ok...you can only add a pic if you have one stored on the web somewhere.
I don't get a browse button to choose either.
I do know how to do this cause I do it on other sites.
But the box and browse button doesn't come up on my screen. I have scrolled down.
Under the http box is a Personal Text label and box.

Ta, Rose
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 06:26:52 AM by RoseW.A. » Logged

Looking for half siblings of Repromed Donor DZ who also donated at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in S.A.
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »

Yes Quinny - I have the same as Rose.
Are you as old as me Rose?  Smiley

Love and Truth go together.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 10:32:33 AM »

Sorry for taking this all off topic for so long. Thanks for the updates, there was a permissions issue, this has been resolved so you should be able to upload your own picture now.

Sorry about that. Smiley

Cheers,
Quinny

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 10:16:37 PM »

Thanks Quinny

AllyRose

Mum to one son

triciabougoure@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »

YAY at works - thanks Quinny.  Grin
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 10:33:47 PM »

Beautiful Pic Tricia!

karlas_mum

love_me69@msn.com jofourpat@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 11:11:56 PM »

hi sorry it has taken me such a long time to get back to you guys i have been quiet busy with that question hursty no we are going for another anonymous donor but the donor said we could contact him any time even get a photo of him if we want to. But i wait and let the baby do that hey guys i start my first cycle soi let you no how i go cross fingers for me.

Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 12:03:32 AM »

hi Karlas_mum,

If you can contact the donor at any time why do you say that he is anonymous?

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
RoseW.A.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 06:33:01 AM »

Hi Karlas_mum,
as someone who also used an anonymous identity release donor, personally, I would not wait for the baby to be old enough to do that on his/her own.
My donor was also happy for contact but once I started trying to contact him via the clinic it was a real trial.
They lost crucial contact paperwork and but for the grace of god we would not have found him.
I have found that so many things can happen in just one year, let alone longer.
Why not get his name and contact details now. Get a photo now and just put them away for the baby. Stay in contact maybe once a year, so that you are sure of having his contact info?
Rose

Looking for half siblings of Repromed Donor DZ who also donated at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in S.A.
Daven
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 09:17:42 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:03:58 AM by Fiona » Logged
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »

That's good advice from Rose and Fiona. I was going to suggest that you find out who the donor is now so you can at least find him down the track.

Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 11:45:15 AM »

Hey jo - I agree with the others here. Things change and people move on and so much can happen in the years between now and when your child is wanting contact. What if the donor passed away and you could never get biological info for your child?
You dont have to have contact everyday - I know you have to consider your husbands feelings - but really when it comes down to it, you are creating a child who should have rights to biological information - she/he should come before all else and if you dont act now it would be terrible if you couldnt find him when you really needed to. Also children ask questions at very young ages and understand so much more than given credit for - if they are given the opportunity to do so. Please dont think I am saying this is what you "should" do - you also have to keep your own family in tact to provide a good home also but neither your husband or yourself would be replaced believe me - just because you have a photo and contact maybe once or twice  a year. I think you are very lucky to get a donor who will be identified. Good luck.
Sue  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: