Australian Donor Conception Forum
January 23, 2018, 11:46:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Human Rights Bill  (Read 2764 times)
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2007, 11:18:28 AM »

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,21670074-2761,00.html

What is Jim McGinty on about? No law about the right to privacy?? Quick, let the clinics know and let's all demand access to our donor records!

Probably just dodgy news reporting, not telling the whole story, but still could be an interesting bill.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:18:01 PM »

Hey there Quinny
I just had a look at the article. I think this is going to be a good thing. The people Jim McGinty is consulting on this are somewhat sensitive to donor concieved children and he has himself in the past shown a little sensitivity in this area.
When he had laws changed in W.A. because we had met our egg donor I felt somewhat dismayed after the initial excitement as we had risked a $5000 fine or 12mths imprisonment disclosing the truth to Jethro. Could you imagine the outcry and publicity there would have been had we been fined or sent to jail for telling our son the truth - so laws were changed - ever so slightly, and NOT made retrospective. I felt they had to do this law change to hush things in the best way possible. But i think if he is going to follow this through with "human rights" on his agenda then this is heading in a slow but positive direction.
Cheers
Sue Smiley

Love and Truth go together.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: