Australian Donor Conception Forum
November 15, 2018, 11:29:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Siblings from Donor AP ( Adelaide)  (Read 3886 times)
Claysonmsa

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2012, 09:27:13 AM »

My soon to be 16 yr old son has requested that I seek help where -ever possible to find/ make contact with, any or all of his 12 siblings created from Donor AP at the old RMU ( Reproductive Medicine Unit) Wakefield St Adelaide and possible QEH.

SA doesnt have a voluntary register yet, Sad Roll Eyes so all South Aussies interested in that need please do not delay in showing support by writing to MP John Hill.

Love to hear from you if you know you are definately sure AP is a donor to your family!

Thanks!! Smiley
bev

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »

hear hear!
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »

Welcome to the forum Claysonmsa
good luck with your quest to find your sons siblings.
The double letter code is certainly of the format that the QEH and Repromed also used.
There are also other avenues of putting these details out there.
There is the Australian Donor conception register (yahoo group).
The donor sibling registry
The AMFOR registry.

I agree that everyone should contact John Hill.
I have already done so numerous times but also recently to push them to take up the recommendations of the Vic inquiry.
Over the years John Hill has NOT been supportive at all of giving any rights to donor conceived offspring and he is unlikely to implement the provisions of the act that allow him to set-up a register.
I also suggest everyone write to the shadow health minister Martin Hamilton-Smith.
As well as their local member.
And since we've had the federal inquiry and now the victorian inquiry - the time is right for everyone to start writing to the pollies.
Yes it is a lot of work, but we wont get anything by waiting for others to do it for us.

Best wishes
Damian
Claysonmsa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »

Thanks Damien, One for not fearing hard work I will be rolling up my sleeves for the sake of my son. Any help though will be gratefully appreciated. Good luck to us all.!!
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »

Fantastic, anything I can do let me know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: