Australian Donor Conception Forum
October 16, 2018, 04:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donor recipient seeing Donor LS from QEH, Adelaide  (Read 8217 times)
Anne

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:58:40 AM »

Hi There,

I have just begun the journey of finding Donor LS from the QEH in Adelaide and it is incredibly frustrating.
I conceived in 1991 via a "semen swap" between QEH and Monash IVF in Victoria where I lived.
I conceived again with the same donor but the semen was sent back to Repromed in Adelaide in between time, so I had to travel there to receive treatment.

I am lucky enough to have a short list of non identifying information on donor "LS" but neither The QEH, Repromed, The Univeristy of Adelaide or Monash IVF can tell me where the original records are of his donations, let alone anything else about him.
The FOI officer at QEH has washed her hands of this, Geraldine Yam at the Univeristy of Adelaide has been very helpful in that she looked at my file which confirm I am the recipient of Donor LS but this donor does not match any of their records. Repromed says all its files are now held at the University of Adelaide and Monash IVF have the same non identifying information that I do.

Surely, someone, somewhere has his records. I'll keep trying to find this wonderful person who gave me the gift of two incredibly precious sons.
Anne

Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 12:04:30 AM »

Hi Anne and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have been trying hard to find out info on your donor. Keep us posted about how you're going.

Cheers,
Adam

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:51:06 PM »

Hi Anne
thanks for that info.
You have done quite some searching.
It is my personal opinion that the records as sitting at Adelaide Uni are a bit of a mess. I too have heard that with these "older" records that they are unable to match some of the donor codes up with the donors that they do have.
Funnily enough it was also the same story I got (and mine are from back in 1973).
If Repromed do not have his records because they were unable to contact him when the company was bought out from the Uni then the records (if existing) MUST be at Adelaide Uni. Perhaps his record has been misfiled/archived in the wrong spot. It would be much better if they were all digitised but i don't see the Uni spending resources on achieving that.
I am glad that you found someone at the uni who has been helpful because most reports I had heard prior to yours was that they were less than helpful.
I am not sure what I could suggest as you have been down most of the roads. Perhaps in the future you may have to resort to genetic genealogy like some of us have.
All teh best
Damian
RoseW.A.2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:32:40 AM »

Hi Anne, our donor DZ from Repromed originally donated to QEH Adelaide but according to his records (we have found him by accident) had no identifying code. His code DZ is just used for Repromed in Adelaide. If you look me up and read my previous posts about my interactions with Repromed and the Uni...you will see my history re contact with them.
I have posted our donor characteristics...as we don't know his QEH code...in case we match.
All the best. Rose

57 yo mum of 12 yo son conceived via ID Release donor via Repromed Adelaide, met by chance online. Donor Code DZ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: