Australian Donor Conception Forum
December 14, 2018, 04:32:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: National DCSG Donor Offspring Meeting  (Read 3114 times)
dadams

View Profile Email
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:54:31 AM »

The following is a draft agenda for the upcoming DCSG meeting which is only for australian adult donor offspring 18 years and over. There will be no parents, donors or clinicians present, so that we can all discuss whatever may be on our minds and to talk about ways forward. For some offspring it may be the first time they have even met another donor conceived person.
If you are interested in attending this meeting then please private message me with your email address so that i can forward you the application form.
I'm really looking forward to this event as I know many others are too.
There is the possibility that the DCSG might be able to provide a small financial assistance to some who might be travelling a distance, but we are not sure how many people we might be able to assist and how much it will be.
Cheers
Damian

Donor Offspring..............taking the lead on Donor Issues

21st April 2012 Bankstown NSW

This agenda is still in a draft form; we will alter things as much as we can to suit the feedback we get in the application to attend forms.

9.00am Welcome: a few quick words about what the day is for and what we hope to achieve

9.15am The Introductions: attendees are invited to introduce themselves, and briefly state a bit about their story. This will enable us to know who each other is and to feel comfortable in knowing that their story is mirrored in so many others.

10.00am Screening of documentary “Anonymous Fathers” part one

10.25 am Current status of legislation around Australia: How legislation in each state works and how this affects donor conceived people.

11.10am Morning Tea

11.30am Open Session: This is a free wheeling session broken up into 2 sections; a sad/angry section and a happy section. This is where people are able to say how they feel about things that they haven’t told anyone else. Just quick round table statements like:
I am so angry because…….
I am happy that………….
I feel like……….
It is meant to be a therapeutic session.
12.40pm Lunch

1.40pm Screening of documentary “Anonymous Fathers” part two
              There will be time for short discussion after the screening

2.20pm Genetic Genealogy and Other Means of Finding Information
What is available to people when there is no access to information? Followed by discussion.

3.00pm pm Current Support Networking Situations: what support and networking donor conceived people can access. What the current situation is for groups around the country.  Followed by discussion about what future support is needed and how this can be achieved including discussion about The Donor Conception Support Group of Australia: is there still a need for this group? Can it be taken over by donor conceived people to support each other and achieve change?

3.30pm Afternoon tea

4.00pm Wrap up What have we learnt from today and where do we go from here?

dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »

Just a reminder for anyone who may be interested in this, that if you require some assistance from the DCSG in regards to travel assistance, please get in touch with myself or Caroline Lorbach soon and not leave it to the last minute.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: