Australian Donor Conception Forum
December 16, 2017, 03:34:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on users who want to delete their account  (Read 8602 times)
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:30:28 AM »

Hello,

Recently a long time poster has requested to delete their account. I am suspicious of this removal as the username has changed and possibly the email address. I will have to check when I get home. So at the moment I don't know if this account was hacked or not.

However, my question is about the posts. This user has updated nearly all their posts with just a dot. This means the thread won't have all the messages. What do you think of this? Should the posts be allowed to be removed in this way or should that be prevented, meaning that post update ability would need to be removed?

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:59:34 AM »

Good question Adam. Needs some thought.
I can see pros and cons for both arguments.

I do know of some other forums that don't allow accounts to be deleted, so that once you post something it is now a public record if you will.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »

Well it doesn't seem like the account was hacked so that's good. Unfortunately it looks like a regular poster wants to leave the forum, destroying their posts in the process.

For the time being I've turned off the ability to modify or delete your own posts.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:01:02 PM by Quinny » Logged

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: