Australian Donor Conception Forum
December 18, 2018, 08:55:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frozen sperm?  (Read 4407 times)
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:53:43 AM »

Hello,

I have been emailing Pivet, a fertility clinic, and I asked about when frozen sperm was first used in Perth.

The answer I got:
"I believe the first clinic in Perth to freeze sperm was the Keogh Institute in the early 1980's."

Not a 100% concrete answer, but still, if this is true it means my donor wasn't far away from my mum when it all happened.

Also, I hadn't heard of the Keogh Institute before. Found this about it:
http://www.fsa.au.com/about/keoh.htm

I will contact them and see if they back up this claim.

Cheers,
Quinny

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 10:37:22 PM »

Hi Adam,

the 80's seem a little late for me, especially seeing they were doing it in the early seventies here in SA. I wouldn't expect that it would have taken over 7+ years for another state to also do it (but you never know). I would take any info they give you about that with a pinch of salt. But even if you were frozen then even in 1976 it would have not been for very long (a few weeks to maybe a month or so - certainly not long term storage).

Cheers
Damian.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: