Australian Donor Conception Forum
November 17, 2018, 10:44:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LinkedIn group  (Read 4142 times)
dadams

View Profile Email
« on: June 15, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »

I have created a LinkedIn group which is dedicated entirely for donor conceived people to join.
For those offspring who wish to network and have discussions with other offspring.

You will need to create a LinkedIn account and search the groups for Donated Generation.
http://www.linkedin.com/home?trk=hb_home
As it is a closed group all requests to join need to be approved.

The reason for it's creation is it allows for greater networking capabilities in a modern format that many forums do not allow.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:42:36 PM »

I am not a member of LinkedIn and I have only seen it used as a place to list employment experience. Sounds like there's more to it, I'll check it out later in the week.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:58:30 PM »

It was originally set-up purely for professional networking but is now being used equally for social reasons, hobbies, you name it.
Through the connections you can create with others it opens up further connections.
ie you might only have 10 connections but your 10 connections may each have 10 to a hundred or even more and so on, allowing you to link up with thousands of people.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 04:14:50 AM »

If anyone uses LinkedIn for their job (professionally), but are worried about the group showing up in their profile, then don't worry.
It is a private group only and your membership is not viewable to anyone else.
Only those who are already a member of the group can see that you are a member.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: