Australian Donor Conception Forum
April 23, 2018, 11:11:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quinny - New Members?  (Read 3543 times)
Daven
« on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:49:43 AM by Fiona » Logged
Fennel

ex Donor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »

Im a bit amazed that they can get past the image recognition test ( type in the letters shown)... I suspect they reply on the image being from a known 'vendor' hence, consistent and understood type.
While it hasnt had a large negative impact on the forum yet, Im fearful that someday the 'bots' will unleash a torrent of spam submissions, rendering the forum unuseable.
While I believe its beneficial that users can gain automated access, there could probably be a few more 'hoops' they need to jump through that separates the bots painlessly from the humans.
(Im not pointing fingers Quinny - you do a great job) - just offering my thoughts.
Fennel

New shoes can give you blisters
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 07:09:44 AM »

As soon as I spot a spam post from a user with no other posts I delete them from the system. When I have more time to look into it I will see what other options I have in regards to filtering registrations. I don't want to go down the path of manually vetting them if I can help it.

I don't have a problem with the non-active users at this point. I could also do something monthly and see that if they never logged in after registering I can delete them.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Daven
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:50:06 AM by Fiona » Logged
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 09:38:37 PM »

Hi Adam
just wanted to add my 2 cents that I think that you do an awesome job. Seeing how they get in on so many other forums it doesn't surprise me that we get some.
It's annoying but it seems to be part and parcel unless you go to quite some lengths to avoid it.
Cheers
Damian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: