Australian Donor Conception Forum
January 19, 2018, 03:05:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Federal Inquiry Update  (Read 4529 times)
Caroline

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:42:45 AM »

The Federal Inquiry is still open for submissions, Thanks to Leonie we have a general extension until the end of August. As you will have all seen the trend of the submissions is overwhelmingly in support of retrospectivity so we need more and more people to build on what is already there. Please get you submission in ASAP PLEASE
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »

Just to let everyone know that the hearings are currently ongoing.
However, I can report that the evdience as presented by 5 offspring yesterday was excellent and went as well as it possibly could have gone.
I beleive that the evidence as presented by the DCSG went very well also.
The senators were extremely receptive and understand the issues that currently surround problems that have occured in the past and may be currently occuring.
Hopefully there will be a real shake up.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:11:38 AM »

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:29:21 AM »

Hansard is now up:
http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/committee/legcon_ctte/donor_conception/hearings/index.htm
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »

An extension has been granted and the committee will not be reporting back to the senate until the first sitting week in february.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 11:23:56 PM »

What does the extension mean? Are they taking more submissions, or holding more conferences?

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 02:01:26 AM »

It means that the issue was far bigger than they originally thought, that there is so much info to wade through and that they are still getting advice from the Attorney Generals office etc (who didn't do what they were supposed to do at the hearing).
In a way I am glad because then whatever recommendations they come up with wont be half-baked (hopefully).
No I don't think that they are accepting any more submissions or doing more hearings, just processing what they already have.
Daven
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 10:04:23 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:19:15 AM by Fiona » Logged
Caroline

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 05:58:12 AM »

The Senate Committee will now report back to parliament on the first week of sitting in February 2011. Hopefully this will give them a bit more time to consider things. In the meantime if you have new information or just want to tell the committee something keep emailing them. Just because the committee says that they are closed for submissions shouldn't stop us if we feel that they should know something. The only way we will get change is to keep harassing them. I have just sent them an email because I read the answer to the questions on notice by the Attorney Generals dept and was not happy with it. I don't know whether they will take any notice at the moment but it will not stop me from letting them know things that i think are important
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: