Australian Donor Conception Forum
August 15, 2018, 03:01:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for Repromed S.A. Donor DZ or half siblings  (Read 18347 times)
RoseW.A.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 01:58:06 PM »

Hi everyone, I have had a mindblowing year with some struggles that have prevented me from doing much online stuff. But during the last year, we met up with our wonderful Donor DZ that this topic was originally about.
It has turned out to be a lovely good news story unlike so many here who search without success.
As you may have read before, we found our donor by chance and had lots of phone and email contact. Late last year we met up in person by crossing states.

My son and I met our donor and his parents and siblings who all welcomed us with open arms, presents and fantastic bonding experiences and trips and get togethers.
We have continued contact since this meeting and I have now feel particularly close to his mother and sister. My son has a new Grandma and Aunty who asked if it is ok for him to call them that (when he is old enough) which thrilled me to bits.
Our donor was warm and caring and interested and polite and everything anyone could want. He was exactly as I had imagined (which relates to emails, pics, videos etc we have been swapping)but so much more warmer and kinder. I "feel" like he is a brother I haven't seen for a long time; someone I am connected to, but don't know as well as family members I have daily contact with.

So now I am just going to continue our sibling search, but I feel so much more relaxed about it and not so much urgency for some reason.

I am occasionally tentative in some aspects of our donor relationship but am sure this will all be more comfortable as the years progress. We swap cards and presents at anniversaries etc., are talking of future meets and extending contact. I am so full of the promise of my son's future with his other family and know he will have some type of relationship with many of them.

I wish all of you happy endings. Rose

Looking for half siblings of Repromed Donor DZ who also donated at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in S.A.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 02:18:01 PM »

That's really great news and such a heart-warming story.

I am really glad that the donor's family want to be so involved.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »

Thankyou for sharing that with us Rose.
I'm glad that it is working out and that everyone seems to appreciate how important this may be to your son.
AllyRose

Mum to one son

triciabougoure@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 02:42:54 AM »

wow rose - that's great!

It so nice to hear the successful stories.
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 12:15:11 PM »

Great news Rose. I'm so glad to hear that the correct people will get the correct names ie: Granparents not being called aunty and uncle etc.. - they are who they are.
Sounds like it is all going well. Wish for you and your son that this continues like this. What a wonderful outcome.
x  Sue

Love and Truth go together.
RoseW.A.2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 04:19:53 AM »

Hi everyone, I have been away for a long time, and thought I would update on my story.
I have a 7yo son who was conceived via ID Release Donor via Repromed in Adelaide. I met our donor by chance online...even then Repromed the manager did not 'approve' of us verifying that we were donor and recipient...but I said I would just go and have a DNA test anyway. My donor and I have become good friends and my son has chosen to call him 'dad' and our donor likes that too. He is single, 52 and has a twin sister who never married or had kids either...she adores my boy. Today we rang him to wish him Happy Father's Day and we are visiting him in our school hols. We try and visit him at least once a year. Since I last posted, I lost both my parents so now my son's only grandparent is our donor's mum whom he calls Nana. Our donor's whole family have been as welcoming and open and wonderful as any "happy ending" story anyone could wish for. At the same time as they are in SA and we live in WA, we also get a "tyranny of distance" time out when both sides need their own space.
A few years ago, a mum contacted me who had also conceived using our same donor (which she found via this site) and needed our donor's contact details to get Repromed Adelaide to release his sperm for her and her husband to have another child. They had lost his forms (again!!!!) but for this site, she would have an only child. She did not feel comfortable having contact with me yet and I pray one day she feels she can let our children meet or at least know each other. Now I have a lot of reading and catching up to do. Still hoping to find siblings to Donor DZ from both centres he donated too.

57 yo mum of 12 yo son conceived via ID Release donor via Repromed Adelaide, met by chance online. Donor Code DZ
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 10:25:24 PM »

Hi Rose,
welcome back and thanks for updating us with your fantastic story. So happy that it is working out well for you all.
Cheers
Damian
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »

Thank you for the update Rose. I am glad that this website existing has helped people find each other. I hope to devote more time to it and get it looking better (it looks very dated at the moment) this year. It's great about the donor's family being accepting.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: