Australian Donor Conception Forum
September 20, 2018, 10:37:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Brisbane (another SMC)  (Read 5168 times)
robynb

Donor recipient

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2007, 11:25:09 AM »

Hi all

I'm Robyn, mum to 2 young DI conceived boys. Their biological father is not currently an identity release donor but I hope that one day between now and 2019 (when my oldest turns 18) that he may have a change of heart.

I'm an Administrator at www.smcaustralia.org - thanks to Fiona for pointing us here.

Robyn

Robyn
Mum to 2 DI conceived children
AllyRose

Mum to one son

triciabougoure@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »

Hi Robyn,

I am in Brisbane too.  I am a mum to my darling son who is 2 "and a bit" conceived through a donor - who apparently is happy to be known once my DS is 18 - on 30/12/2022.

My husband and I would love to meet and share experiences with other Brisbane DI parents.

It is such a taboo subject that not all are willing to stand up and admit that this is our journey.
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:17:04 AM »

Welcome to the site girls. Its great to see Mums on here who are hoping the truth be available to their children. Well done. I am Sue - Mum to Jethro through doner eggs and we have already met our doner and it has been a very pleasant experience for us.
Jethro understands a fair bit of his conception and it hasnt hampered our bond or love in the least. In fact as he gets older I think he will appreciate our honesty as what is love without truth?! I'm on the other side of Australia in the South West but will be nice to chat from time to time.
Regards
Sue
Jethro is almost 5yrs. Smiley

Love and Truth go together.
AllyRose

Mum to one son

triciabougoure@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:24:30 AM »

Hi Sue, I was there in Sydney on 18 Nove and heard your story - YOU ROCK!

(I still thank hubbie now for paying for the airfares for an elightening daytrip to sydney).
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:35:07 AM »

Thanks Tricia - it really was a great experience in Sydney was'nt it! Way out of the ordinary for me! It was so good meeting parents of doner concieved children and also meeting doner concieved adults who I feel are the only experts in the area of what doner convieved children need in thier lives. The trip there totally reinforced that what we have done with Jethro was so "the right thing to do". Love to chat to you again.
Sue Cool

Love and Truth go together.
karlas_mum

love_me69@msn.com jofourpat@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 04:26:55 AM »

Hi there i am so glad there is a websiter out here for parents that concei9ve there children throigh donar conception i have a daughter who is 21 months old now and going back in two weeks to have another go and and have a brother or a sister for karla my name is joanne.

madeleineh

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 07:19:19 AM »

Hi Robin,

I noticed your posting and the link to SMC. I'm replying directly to you because I am doing some research  for an upcoming SBS documentary about how familes are changing with new ways of conceiving children.( I have been talking with Adam, the moderator of this site and with his permission posted a notice in the general section.)

At this stage we are in the research and developing stage and no commitment to be in the documentary series would be required but it would be great to speak to people who would be willing to entertain the idea of potentially being involved at a later stage.

I thought you might have a few thoughts about it - I'd love to have a chat with you. I can be contacted directly by email at mads@redithaka.com.au or by phonoe 02 9360 0095 or 0408 622 203 if you'd like a bit more information about the documentary.

hope to talk to you!

Madeleine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: