Australian Donor Conception Forum
December 15, 2018, 07:32:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Search for donors to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith  (Read 20285 times)
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »

I know a couple of the doctors at our local medical centre went to UWA at about the time when my donor would have been there (assuming what I have been told is true, anyway).

Yesterday my wife spoke to one and he said he remembered someone coming in at the start of a lecture asking for sperm donors and that he is not a sperm donor.

I find it interesting that this was how they recruited. I wonder how many other classes they went to.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 05:53:12 AM »

Interesting. I am aware that some during their obgyn component were pressured to donate as part of the "program".
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 06:39:31 AM »

Bundygrrrl and I went to the UWA Archives today and looked through lots and lots of photos. We took down some names and took some photos of photos but I don't feel very positive about it all. Bundygrrrl may have more luck as she seemed to think one guy in particular stood out to her as a match for her brother (which should also be a match for her).

I am impressed that anyone can use this method (looking through photos of uni students) to find their donor. I find it quite frustrating.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:18:44 PM by Quinny » Logged

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:29 AM »

It is extremely time consuming and taxing mentally.
Sometimes the one you think looks least like you is in fact the one who is related. It has happened before. We often put a lot of stock in trying to find facial recognition, it can be a good guide but is not necessarily the be all and end all.
It is good that you can have a look at photos. It is certainly worth a try.
I have no photo records to look at just a list of many hundreds of names of graduates.
i wish you both luck.
bev

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 09:29:59 AM »

I ahve only just read this thread
I was at a conference last year and during a teabreak I was out in the main foyer and overheard someone (possibly a doctor? - I think attending a gynaecology conference runnng in the next hall, had a different coloured name badge cord!) saying that they used to swap donor sperm between Melbourne and Adelaide, so certainly possible that there was sharing between clinics in WA.
I tried to eavesdrop more but there was a lot of background noise and I didn't want to be too obvious - sorry can't give more details
Cheers, Bev
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »

Thanks for that Bev. Very interesting.

I still only have the donor doctor to go on as saying he used "local boys" from the university.
I do understand now that that may include men who donated to other clinics, now that makes it even harder to find someone.
Given that only one person has responded to "Douglas-Smith" being the doctor I am not sure that any are really interested in finding out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:43:39 PM by Quinny » Logged

dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:36 AM »

Thanks for sharing that info Bev, just highlights the need for consistent legislation and uniform rights particularly seeing SA and Vic couldn't be more diametrically opposed with legislation a few years ago.
kfraser

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 02:52:56 PM »

Hi there,
Did you ever have any luck? I'm hearing more and more about sperm being 'shared' around Australia so am just hoping for something.
I was conceived in Brisbane in 1981 and have B+ blood type, light blue eyes and brown hair, fair complexion.
Let me know if you want to talk more.
Kerri
0430 781 917
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 12:17:37 AM »

Hi Kerri,

I don't know if any was passed around Australia at that time. My sister has B type blood (not sure if positive or negative) and she was conceived in 1980. Her eyes are brown though.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: