Australian Donor Conception Forum
December 18, 2018, 09:27:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Definitions  (Read 4073 times)
o_hara63

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2007, 10:00:50 AM »

May I suggest that you have a definitions/jargon/acronyms topic somewhere early on in the site so that new people know what they're reading and have an easy reference point to return to decipher the lingo that will be used, eg. DI, IUI, open identity donor?

Also, what is a child board? I have listed my introduction under the child board but don't actually know what that is?

Where would I put a topic requesting info on my daughter's donor/half siblings? Under the section 'donor info' or is that just for people seeking a donor to use? Regards, Tracy

I have a daughter born August 2004, via IUI from donor sperm. Seeking information on donor 'BRW'-treatment received at IVF Australia Westmead clinic in 2003.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 10:13:58 AM »

Hello,

Thanks Tracy that's a good idea about the definitions. I guess we haven't really used them on here very much. Must admit that I am not sure what IUI stands for.

A child board is a sub category of the parent board. It's only so that particular topics can be grouped together. The main example being the "Australia and International" board which has a child board for each state and territory and one for international. So in this case if you wanted to address something on a national or international level you could post in the parent board. If you wanted to post something that was state specific you'd use one of the child boards.

As for a request there is no official area for this at the moment, but there are a few posts in the Introduce Yourself board. Also, you could use the "Australia and International" board I mentioned above.
If you want to use the Donor Info board I have no problem with that.

Actually, bugger that, I will create a new board for posting about searching for info. That will make it so much easier. Smiley Thanks for the suggestions. Smiley

EDITED TO ADD: I have created a new board called "Searching for Information".

Cheers,
Quinny
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:24:48 AM by Quinny » Logged

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Daven
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 10:40:01 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:17:21 AM by Fiona » Logged
o_hara63

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 08:08:44 AM »

Quinny, IUI stands for inter uterine insemination: sperm is deposited into the cervix via a thin flexible tube, so that it can make its way up to the egg. Sometimes people may refer to it as DI, that is donor insemination which is the same thing except that the sperm has come from a donor.

IUI is the least invasive method of assisted reproductive technology. It is a commonly used term in fertility clinics.

Tracy

I have a daughter born August 2004, via IUI from donor sperm. Seeking information on donor 'BRW'-treatment received at IVF Australia Westmead clinic in 2003.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: