Australian Donor Conception Forum
December 18, 2018, 10:13:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Response to Donor Egg Story  (Read 13430 times)
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 10:46:50 PM »

Hi Kimh297,

it is a very valid point you make in that it can be extremely difficult to find support or information or even to discuss these issues with people who have dealt with them if you don't know where to look. In addition there aren't too many avenues to pursue this type of discourse. Hopefully this forum will continue to grow.

Kind Regards
Damian
kimh297

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 08:34:47 PM »

There is also a forum - www.aussieeggdonors.com where women (and men but I know of one only ever) can join to find out what is involved in finding, becoming, using donated eggs/embryos.  Its a support group where the issues and legalities are discussed.  It is also possible to advertised for an egg donor on the forum and results in known donation.  There are other forums where links are posted regularly to any articles referring to donor conceived children as a means of allowing prospective parents some idea of the children's feelings. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 10:06:51 PM by kimh297 » Logged
nmkg

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 04:00:38 AM »

I think quite a few do get DNA testing done anyway just for confirmation particularly if the documentation is a little bit on the old side (eg poor record keeping).
A paternity test can range from about $350 - $800 here in Oz depending on where you go to get it done.
But I think the letter is good, and your idea of a DNA register is sound (especially seeing as though mix-ups of sperm samples is not unheard of - eg the donor code someone may have may not be the real donor).

---------------------------

Gafas Carrera Baratas
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: