Australian Donor Conception Forum
January 19, 2018, 03:23:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes, i know you guys are probably sick of hearing about this....  (Read 3735 times)
bundygrrrl

bundy_has_spoken
View Profile Email
« on: June 29, 2009, 04:59:56 AM »

soooo.. it turns out (according to Debbie Rowe) that the late MJ's 2 eldest children were born from anon donor sperm.  Angry

What a way to reveal to the children about their biological origins?!?!  Huh What kind of sick minded person reveals this kind of information to the public media?  Huh

I hope to God that these children were aware of this before she made it public. Regardless, this is not the kind of information that needs to be made public to the whole world.  Cry

it makes me physically ill. was it a spite thing maybe? does she have no compassion? and people wonder why so many of us are against anon donation!!!!  Angry
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »

Bundygrrl,
while I think that a lot of people knew that they were not his anyway, it is a very traumatic way for it to come out.
The sad thing is that it doesn't surprise me because many offspring find out in similar circumstances (eg after one of the raising parents dies). It is an incredibly bad way to find out, because instead of just grieving for your loss you have to deal with this also.
eg "I'm sorry your Dad is dead but he wasn't your genetic father."

Yes these kids are entitled to know the truth, I just hope it was done from an early age.

What seems to be even sadder for the children is that Debbie Rowe, the only person to which they know they have a direct biological connection seems to have abondoned them.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:57:18 AM »

But who knows what is true with that story? That could all be a media beat-up or something.

I actually don't think there's anything wrong with that information becoming public unless the kids didn't know beforehand.

I mean, a lot of us have been in the media revealing these sorts of things about ourselves and our family, this isn't really very different apart from the angle it is taken from and the popularity it has.

I also wonder about this abandonment. Perhaps there's more to this story that what we have read.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:55:13 PM »

Another story emerging is that Debbie Rowe is not their biological mother either but a surrogate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: