Australian Donor Conception Forum
July 19, 2018, 11:10:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 3814 times)
dani1

View Profile Email
« on: December 01, 2008, 12:37:57 AM »

Hi guys,

I am a donor conceived adult, conceived at RHW sydney 1981.. I only discovered this by mistake at age 19, and since then have been fighting red tape from the hospital to find my origins.
By a stroke of fate I actually met my 'anonymous sperm donor' by literally running into him at a meeting and being overwhelmed by how much I looked like him.
That was 5 years ago and we now have a very close relationship.
I was told by the hospital that I have a half-sibling, a male born in 1980, and this is why I'm on this site.. both my donor and I would love more than anything to meet him.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:59:46 AM »

Hi Dani,

Thanks for joining and good luck with your search. That's amazing that you found your donor by a chance meeting. Hopefully you will find your half-brother soon. Smiley

Cheers,
Adam

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:32:18 PM »

Hi Dani

that's awesome that you found your biological father. From nearly every single report I have heard from anyone who was conceived in the 80's or earlier, the clinics nearly always make it extremely difficult if not impossible for offspring to be able to know their origins.

Welcome and I hope that you can find your sibling, because for me that is also as important as finding our fathers.

There are a few online databases/registries that you can sign up to to try and help find your sibling. Have a look at one of the posts I have somewhere else on this forum as it has a list of some of the registries.

All the best
Damian
dani1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:35:52 AM »

Thank you for welcoming me Adam and Damian,
Are you both donor-conceived adults and if so how is your search going?
It can be really frustrating and tiring but don't give up.
I'd be interested in the other online registries to find my half-brother.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 06:45:19 AM »

Hi Dani,

Yes we are both donor conceived adults. My search has mostly stopped because I have hit a dead end in regards to records from the time of my conception no longer being around.

Options open to me include sending a letter to UWA medical grads from the late 70's (requiring time and money) or putting ads in the local/state papers (expensive).

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 09:25:33 PM »

Hi Dani

yes searching is very draining particularly due to the roadblocks put up by the clinics and legislators. It's a bit of a roller coaster energy wise. Sometimes you are energised and keep on plugging away, other times I just wish it all went away. But I can't give up because I also owe it to my kids (in regard to my own history) and to all other offspring (in regard to getting better rights for everyone).

Kind Regards
Damian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: