Australian Donor Conception Forum
August 21, 2018, 04:36:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking siblings and biological father  (Read 5987 times)
Maggie

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2008, 08:58:08 AM »

Hi my name is Maggie,
I'm 17 and live in Victoria. My biological father however donated in Adelaide, so it is possible that any half brothers and sisters I have may live in Adelaide.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 10:50:32 AM »

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for joining.

I am not sure if you have heard of the Donor Conception Support Group (DCSG) but they may be able to help.

I know there is one of Leonie Hewitt's (from the DCSG) children who has many half-siblings and some of them are from SA. She can be emailed on dcsg@optusnet.com.au.

Cheers,
Adam

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 09:59:58 PM »

Hi Maggie and welcome.
I'm a little confused as to whether or not your mother was treated in SA or Vic and whether or not he only donated in SA or whether the samples were sent to Vic or if he also donated in Vic.
This could make a bit of difference to how far you may be able to get.
There currently are 2 clinics here in SA, Flinders and Repromed (we used to also have the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and a private practice or two but I am not sure when they were closed - i should try and find out this information.)
The more information you can give the better we may be able to point you in the right direction.
Warm Regards
Damian Adams
(donor offspring from SA)
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 10:19:26 PM »

Wecome Maggie. Best of luck in your search.
Sue

Love and Truth go together.
Maggie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:51:21 PM »

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I have recently found out my parents went through The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woodville. I was conceived in 1991. Is there any link between TQEH and Repromed? I have no details of my donor and I am desperately trying to find some.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »

Hi Maggie
I was conceived at the QEH too.
Yes there is a link between the QEH and Repromed.
Repromed took over all of the records from the QEH.
But here comes the bad part.
Repromed was bought out by a group of doctors a few years ago.
There was some legal wrangling and in the end what happened is the Adelaide University kept all of the old records (what I mean by kept is that Repromed started out via the University, so it was sort of a Uni entity).
I don't have contact details at the uni for you to contact (I think I should find out this info for future reference anyway), but I would suggest that you contact Repromed and they should be able to provide you with details about how to go forward.
In SA you are legally entitled to non-identifying information. So you should be able to at least get that information. You should also be able to get your mothers treatment records (well she'll have to apply for them as they belong to her) which will also give you a donor code which is important.
I hope this helps a little.
Best wishes
Damian
Anne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »

Hi Maggie,

I am the parent of 2 boys conceived by Donor LS from the QEH in Adelaide in 1991 & 1993 as part of the "swap" program between QEH and Monash IVF. I have non identifying information regarding my donor, but NONE of the clinics in Adelaide have any record of Donor LS and Monash IVF is currently searching their archived files for any info.
How are you going in your search for yours?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: