Australian Donor Conception Forum
June 21, 2018, 02:40:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: This Forum  (Read 12744 times)
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2008, 12:24:07 AM »

Hello,

We've recently had to change website hosts as Mitch is unable to host this website  anymore. Blue Canary has agreed to sponsor this website for a year and we have recently changed over to be hosted by them.

If anyone has any issues please let me know and we'll get them sorted as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Adam

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:49:47 AM »

I was wondering why it went down for a bit.

BUT

Big thanks to blue canary,
and thankyou to Micth for hosting it previously as well as setting it up with Adam.
Cheers guys.
AllyRose

Mum to one son

triciabougoure@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »

No issues here.

But I'm glad that it will still be going.
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 01:24:18 AM »

I really feel that something more needs to happen with this website. I'm still thinking about ideas for what to do so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Smiley

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Daven
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 04:38:00 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:23:41 AM by Fiona » Logged
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 12:01:51 AM »

I mean something like a front web page for this website to introduce it.

A fully searchable database where people who are looking for their donor or half-siblings or donor offspring can enter their details.

Yes more people joining, but more activity is preferable.

Maybe a new look for the forum.

I can't see it involving too much of my time but if this forum became really popular and was constantly updated I would need to delegate some things and have moderators.

Daven
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 04:13:26 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:24:21 AM by Fiona » Logged
Fennel

ex Donor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

I guess more people come here to GET information, rather than give it, But I think it plays an important role just by being available, and welcoming to not just donor offspring, but their families and donors etc. I would personally like to see this "neutral" aspect extended, to include people like practioners of ART, so their perspectives could be viewed/ discussed. I  wonder if they know sites like this exist?

There are occasionally conversations that go on in similar baby/mother's forums that are directly or indirectly related to donor conception. Some of these members are potentially interested in this site too. just my 2 cents.
Fennel.

New shoes can give you blisters
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »

Thanks everyone.

I guess I should start by saying that I AM an IT person. One who deals with databases every work day and has a reasonable amount of web programming experience. Smiley

I'm just musing at the moment and haven't bedded down any ideas as to how to present the information.

DCSG already has linked this website on their website.
There's a good point raised, I haven't asked any other website to put up a link to us besides the DCSG. That would be a good start.

Fennel, I know that at least one ex-practitioner knows about it, but I can't remember if I have emailed any others with this web address. The Voluntary Register in WA knows about it, and hopefully that means the RTC know. But they may need to be reminded.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments.

dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 10:29:39 PM »

I had already informed the SA Health Dept and the SACRT about this forum some time ago as currently there is no easy access for this sort of stuff given out to prospective "patients/clients" or offspring etc.
What I mean is that clinics do not provide any info on associations (eg dcsg) or websites (such as this) where people can go to get facts, experiences and opinions.
Daven
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 05:15:10 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:24:53 AM by Fiona » Logged
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 10:24:15 PM »

That's the really BAD thing here in SA in that the clinics are not allowed to give out that info (re: support group info, forums etc). Apparently they are looking at changing that part of the law too. But we've been waiting for the voluntary register for over 7 years now (since the SACRT recommended it), so I'm not holding my breath on that one either.
Fennel

ex Donor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 12:03:09 AM »

Where did you hear that dadams? If its actual legislation, it seems completely senseless. I wonder if other states are the same?

New shoes can give you blisters
Daven
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 03:07:00 AM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:35:20 AM by Fiona » Logged
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »

I heard that from the health department, as i quizzed them on what info the clinics give out to clients in regard to support groups, forums etc. (I still have the email they sent me)
From when I read the repro act I did not see anything in it that would preclude it, but then I wasn't searching for that little tid bit when I was reading it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: