Australian Donor Conception Forum
December 18, 2018, 09:38:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam  (Read 3654 times)
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »

The last 4 users to register on this website have been banned for posting nothing but spam (only banned two of them and two others were banned automatically because they are the same person, or whatever).

I hope this doesn't happen too often and if it starts becoming a major problem I will look into solutions for this.

Cheers,
Quinny

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 10:51:59 PM »

I think this is why other sites like this Quinny have a certain criteria and are not open forums where just anyone can post = really sad cause for the people who need to access this kind of forum it will make it harder if you have to change things and it is good that anyone can read the important messages that are here but thats the world we live in - must be alot of bored and lonely people out there.
Sue

Love and Truth go together.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »

A lot of SMF forums have been attacked by spam bots recently, including this one.

I have taken steps to try and prevent this from happening and I will keep an eye on this forum closely over the next few days to make sure that they are not getting through.

Thankyou to those of you who reported the spam.

Cheers,
Quinny

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: