Australian Donor Conception Forum
July 19, 2018, 11:10:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DCSG Need You  (Read 3245 times)
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

Hello,

I don't know how many people reading this are members of the Donor Conception Support Group (DCSG) but they have recently sent out a letter asking for people to take over the work for two of the members leaving. I will type a bit from the front page of the letter. What are people's opinions on this?

As you all know Leonie and Caroline will be retiring in November of this year we are desperately looking for some wonderful people to take over the work that they are doing. This work will involve such things as answering phone calls (calls may be picked up remotely from the group answering machine), emails, collecting and answering mail (PO Box is currently located at Georges Hall, NSW) sending out and keeping track of library books, videos etc. and promoting the DCSG.
This work can be shared among as many people as would like to volunteer.

This is also the job of lobbying federal & state governments for legislation and improvements to legislation to help donor families; again this work can also be shared among a number of people. In fact it would probably be a very good thing for all of these jobs to be shared in order to bring new vitality and ideas to the group.

We have asked previously for volunteers but have not had anyone take on any of the workload and things are getting desperate. At the end of this year the group may cease to exist if we do not get some help.

[...] we would like to take you for a walk down memory lane to see all the wonderful things that the group has done over the years. If the group dissolves all this will stop; there will be no one to give you support over the phone, by email, there will be no library, there will be no more help in telling children about their conception. There will be no one to help you in dealing with clinics and trying to get information. There will be no social events. There will be no newsletter.

So please let us know what you can do to help the group; please contact us by phone or by email ASAP to ask questions about what you can do or to volunteer some time.
Phone (02) 9793 9335
Email dcsg@optushome.com.au

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
AllyRose

Mum to one son

triciabougoure@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 09:45:44 AM »

I received this in the mail too.

I have sent an email to Leonie - so hopefully from Brisbane I can be of some sort of use to the group.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: