Australian Donor Conception Forum
March 22, 2018, 01:49:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Using DNA Ancestry test to find siblings  (Read 756 times)

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »

Hi all,
my son and I have just each done a DNA Ancestry test and sent them off.
I have a friend in WA who is a single mum whose daughters did this and although they have identified their anonymous donor's family (via the Ancestry site because of their results), they have decided to write a letter to the donor first via their clinic first to see if he desires contact. They are going to wait for his reply before going further.

I have quite an exhaustive tree on that site but created a new tree so I can link the results to that test (as I am not sure that it is fair to family members of the donor, who have loaded their DNA results for public access, to find someone who is totally out of their family tree with close results).

I was wondering if anyone else has used this test and site and has any advice? We won't get our results back for a few weeks, so I have a lot of time to work out what to do. I understand that many donor conceived children have had success with such a test. Just because a donor hasn't done the test and loaded his results, doesn't mean another close relative hasn't - and then made their tree public.

We found our anon donor already by chance (you can read all about that on one of my posts - we have a great relationship with him). You will also read that Repromed/Adelaide Uni who held donor records weren't all that helpful to us in the past. We are really seeking siblings at this stage. Regards, Rose

57 yo mum of 12 yo son conceived via ID Release donor via Repromed Adelaide, met by chance online. Donor Code DZ
Pages: [1]
Jump to: