Australian Donor Conception Forum
January 17, 2018, 11:07:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Push for register in SA  (Read 8557 times)
dadams

View Profile Email
« on: August 14, 2015, 04:24:07 AM »

To all donor conceived people, parents and donors from South Australia
If you have had trouble at any time accessing records, getting information or even making your own information available and wished there was a centralised register that would take of everything here is your chance to make an impression with the powers to be.
I spoke with someone in the office of Health Minister jack Snelling for quite a while yesterday.
They are trying to work out ways to have a register for people, but having difficulties, especially in regard to the fragmented nature of records here.
What we need is for everyone to write in with their own personal stories of how difficult it has been. This makes the argument more powerful and will help them make a push.
These letters are for the Health Minister Jack Snelling but if you could send it via his staff below it will make sure that they don't just get filed away.
Please send letters to:
Simone.McDonnell@sa.gov.au
123Cat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 05:56:23 AM »

Hey, I have been absent from this site for a while so I have only just seen this. Would it be too late to email?
Also, what would kinda thing would I say in the email - just that I would like a register?, or more info - like I've been in contact with the person from Adelaide Uni for info, (she was kind of helpful in contrast of what I've read about other people's experience with her) but I guess there is a limit to the information she can give, which is annoying but understandable, even though the law changes about anonymity though, but I don't know if that can apply to people before the changes came into effect, and I don't know what it means for records owned by Adelaide Uni.
Anyways, sorry just writing letter to MP's is a new thing for me and I don't really know what to do/say haha Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: