Australian Donor Conception Forum
February 20, 2020, 01:50:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible TV appearance  (Read 17171 times)
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 11:03:44 PM »

Hi Fiona,

that's right (re each state), but if you get ABC2 then they show the other states statelines on saturday (from memory).

Cheers
Damian
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 11:58:02 AM »

Adam - just finished watching the show. Oh how beautiful your baby is! You did a great job with the interview and your parents!!! - I had tears running down my face when your Dad made a plea for your donor to come forward. Please tell him how much I admire his speaking out and doing this. Also would you believe it I saw a picture of Jethro and Cyntra behind Leonie Hewitt while she was being interviewed!!!!
It must have been filmed at DCSG headquarters!
I have a friend supposedly recording this on DVD tonight and also my Mum doing a video for me so if anyone wants a copy just let me know.
Cheers
Sue  Smiley
ps Really hope your donor comes forward after this.

Love and Truth go together.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 12:19:21 PM »

Thanks Hursty! Yeah I'm glad they put my Dad's "asking for the donor to come forward" on instead of mine. I thought his was better. Smiley

Definitely a lot was cut from the hour or so they were interviewing us but what was shown was good I thought.

Bundygrrrl didn't end up getting interviewed. I don't think there was time they could meet or something.

Transcript isn't up yet, but when it is I'll link to it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:11:05 PM by Quinny » Logged

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
AllyRose

Mum to one son

triciabougoure@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 11:01:05 PM »

Wow, I just finished watching this, this morning on ABC2 (thank you Foxtel) and yep I was crying too when your dad made the plea.

Oh and yes - Isaac is so cute!

I really hope something comes of this for you.

Tricia
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 05:53:39 AM »

Here is a link to the transcript:
http://www.abc.net.au/stateline/wa/content/2006/s2041763.htm

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 10:47:22 PM »

G'Day Adam,

watched it last night (thanks Sue), good show. Having your Dad speak up like that was fantastic and important too. I'm glad you did it, even if it just makes a few people think a little bit more about the issue.

Regards
Damian
Quinny
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 04:00:57 AM »

Thanks Damian. Haven't had anyone contact the ABC as far as I know. Some people have registered on the site but I don't know if it's because of the show.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: