Australian Donor Conception Forum
January 16, 2018, 11:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Repromed SA rang me - anything happening in SA lately I should prepare for?  (Read 7277 times)
RoseW.A.2

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »

Hi all,
Query: is or has anything happened recently with Repromed in SA? I am suspicious.

Background:
I have a donor conceived child via Repromed in SA in 2005 with Donor DZ (who we met by chance when child was 1 year old - now he is 9). Prior to meeting him by chance, I had little (and in fact totally disinterested contact from the clinic re my requests for donor contact and further info). Uni of Adelaide person was down right insulting...so I gave up and low and behold we met our Donor by chance online.
Anyway...twice in the last 7 years Repromed have rung me because they had other families who used DZ and needed his permission for them to use their created remaining embryos to add to their families ( long story)....they had lost his contact information (twice!!!) because his archived data had gone to the university...one family found me via this site and I was able to connect them with the donor and they have since been able to use their remaining embryo to conceive a 2nd child.
Despite our donor being assured he would be told when children were conceived using his donations, he has never heard anything.

I am away on holidays and found a recorded message today asking me to ring the Donor nurse at Repromed ...I fear something has gone amiss as I have never heard from them in 9 years. I am just readying myself for the phone call and thought I would check in to see if anything is on the go with them....you can see I am a bit distrustful ha ha.
Thanks for any feedback.
Rose

57 yo mum of 12 yo son conceived via ID Release donor via Repromed Adelaide, met by chance online. Donor Code DZ
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:54:43 AM »

In regard to Repromed, it in conjunction with Monash IVF are floating on the stock exchange (maybe it has already happened).
But other than that I am not aware of anything else happening at Repromed.

Here in SA we are currently undergoing a public consultation on a donor conception register but that is only prospective and not retrospective so would not affect you or DZ.

I am not surprised by your cynicism there is a lot of that going around.
I think it is terrible that DZ has not been informed - once again showing that the clinics focus is primarily on the pregnancy outcome.
It would also be helpful for all recipients to be informed about a donors use by others so that they can prevent any chance of a consanguineous event occurring in the future.

Sorry I'm not much help on the current situation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: