Australian Donor Conception Forum
December 11, 2018, 03:09:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello :) Donor XO  (Read 3851 times)
123Cat

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2013, 07:58:20 AM »

Through someone at Adelaide uni I was able to get non identifying information about my donor. Repromed in Adelaide was the clinic that was used. I found out the code which is XO. The lady also told me that there have been six children recorded that was conceived by the same donor. I did some researching and I found this on the donor sibling registry.. https://www.donorsiblingregistry.com/members/ListRegistry?dpIdentityNumber=XO. So this could possibly be two of them? Unfortunately I do not have the means to make an account so I can not message the person.

But I have a question, are the identifying codes unique for all around Australia or just for the clinic/state, because some of the information is very different. Such as eye colour, nationality, and skin colour. On my information it said he was 36.9 years old as of 1998 which could correlate with the year given in the link above. Can someone clarify this please. Thanks.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »

Hi 123Cat
Repromed and the QEH unit (which became repromed) used a two letter code for their donors. For example mine was RE.
The codes were in general unique to each clinic for example one clinic in melbourne used a letter followed by a number.
Others used just numbers.
It would appear as though Royal Prince Alfred used a similar coding system to Repromed - a two letter code.
It could be that it is just pure coincidence which the non-identifying info would suggest (but it wouldn't be the first time that information was incorrect).
There were on occassion that samples were sent interstate, for example I know of samples from Melbourne that were transported to Adelaide and vice versa, but i don't know if that occured to NSW as well.
And there were instances of donors donating in more than one state as they moved around the country.

I really can't say whether that is the same donor or not.
Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Best wishes
Damian
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »

Also please feel free to add your donor code to the Oz DC register database which is included in the "more" section
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AustralianDonorConceptionRegistry/info
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:17:36 AM »

Welcome to the forum 123Cat.

Good luck with your search.

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: