Australian Donor Conception Forum
July 17, 2018, 07:26:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website Suggestions and Ideas  (Read 6102 times)
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2006, 11:00:05 AM »

We are still looking for the website name for this forum.

Mitch and I have gone through some suggestions and come up with the following three websitenames:
1. www.ausdonorforum.com.au
2. www.australiandonorsupport.com.au
3. www.ausdonorsupportforum.com.au

With the option to have an abbreviation for the website as well, such as:
1. www.ausdf.com.au
2. www.ausds.com.au
3. www.ausdsf.com.au

Please feel free to post comments and suggestions. If anyone thinks they have a better name then please post it! We will eventually take a vote of the names and that will become the new website address for this forum.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for further forum categories/groups (areas to post in, such as this one) then let us know.

Cheers,
Quinny

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 09:27:39 PM »

G'Day Adam

my problem with those names is that it could infer that the forum is JUST for donors, rather than everyone.
so maybe something like ausdonorconception.

Cheers
Damian.
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:06:19 AM »

I see what you mean Damian.

Since we're really talking about the heading of the page, rather than just the URL, I'll start using words. Once that is agreed on, that would become the URL (and the abbreviated one so we don't have to type the whole alphabet as a web address). Smiley

Something like:
Australian Donor Conception Forum
Australian Donor Conception Support Forum

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:21:34 PM »

Hi guys - I think that "Australian Doner Conception Forum" is great. As you want it to be easy to find for doner concieved people and also for doners who maybe  like me and not know their way around the computer that well - therefore make it easy to find. Who knows what contacts may be found if this comes up when they type in the above!!!
Sue

Love and Truth go together.
myrtle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 12:14:02 PM »

Hello All,
Re the name of the forum. I like Australian Donor Conception Forum , out of all  of the choices so far.

Can you tell what   others to the site feel?
Hooroo
Myrtle.
Hursty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 08:47:44 AM »

Hi Myrtle
I "think" I recognise that "hooroo"!
Somewhere - dont ask me where on this site there was (which I found once) a vote and it showed that most who had voted had said that this was the most favourable choice.
I think its a good one as it includes everyone - doners recipients and children.

Love and Truth go together.
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 09:53:49 PM »

I think that it is also a good choice. And whether people like it or not there will be some who will support donor conception and some that do not. By leaving out the word support in the title it allows people of both view points to feel as though this is a place that they can openly express their views which is a good thing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: