Australian Donor Conception Forum
October 16, 2018, 03:36:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Sydney!  (Read 3606 times)
MelKayem

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:59 AM »

I'm the offspring of a donor from FPS fertility and pathology services in Bondi Junction, Sydney, with a Dr Don. The donor ID was "CM".  Unfortunately all of the documentation was stolen and destroyed so all we have left now is the business card and my mother's recollections, but I'd love to meet any siblings or even the donor!

Also if anyone knows what happened to FPS (do they go under a different name, have they ceased providing their services altogether), I'd be interested to know what happened as well. Cheers!
dadams

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:02:56 PM »

Welcome to the forum MelKayem.
Personally I would doubt that the records were stolen.
Destroyed, yes, I do know that that occured in some places.

There are numerous avenues open to you at this stage.
You could put your name and donor code on the online registers that are available such as the Australian Donor Conception Register (yahoo group that has a database), the AMFOR register, the Donor Sibling Registry.
Some offspring have been able to connect with siblings and some have even found their donors through DNA testing (genetic genealogy), while the odds of this occuring are slim, it does happen and there are increasing chances as time goes by because the DNA profile stays on file and gets checked against everyone who gets tested.

I am not sure what happened to that clinic but if it is the one I am thinking of then it closed.

All the best
Damian
Quinny
Administrator

Donor offspring from Perth, WA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:53:38 PM »

Hi MelKayem and welcome to the forum.

I haven't heard of FPS. I wish you luck in your search and I second Damian's suggestions to post your info in multiple search places and get the DNA testing done. Specifically FamilyFinder from familytreedna.com and there's another one on 23andme.com but I don't know much about that one yet, but that will be the one I get next.

Cheers,
Quinny

Donor conceived adult from Perth, Western Australia. Searching for a donor who donated to Dr Colin Douglas-Smith in 1976.
MelKayem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »

Hi Dadams

Sorry, records was probably the wrong word to use there! I meant any information my mother might have taken home about the facility and the treating doctor. I'm sure nothing was stolen from the facility itself. Thanks for the advice!
Lizzy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »

It might have been a fore runner to what is now Fertility East.  They took over the records/details of a previous clinic in BJ.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: